Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-02-2014

Lots of dll missing error on Windows Vista

I am just getting lots of dll errors on Windows Vista. This all happen due to a system cleaner. I thought that cleaner will make my system more better but it create a lot of new problem. It was like a system cleaner. It cleaned the system, deleted files from temp folder and fixed some hundred errors of Windows registry. But after when everything was done I restarted my pc. And I am getting constant dll missing file errors on the screen.
Old 21-02-2014

Re: Lots of dll missing error on Windows Vista

Try to boot your pc in safe mode. And see whether you are getting the same error. If yes then it means that tool has deleted some important system files from your pc. You have to restore that through running a repair setup of Vista. You can do that through Vista installation CD. Just boot your system through that and run a full repair setup.
Old 22-02-2014

Backup your data first. That is quiet important. Then only go ahead with fixing things.Because here you are having major file missing problem. If possible then try to make a list of all those dll files and post it here. You can download them from web and add in the respective folder which will resolve the problem you are facing. And if you find this process complicated then just go ahead with system restore.
Old 24-02-2014

You can fix this problem by running system file checker. This is a tiny system file utility in windows that will scan your system and restore the dll files that are missing or damage. At some point it might ask you windows disc. It is better to run this in system restore. Just type sfc /scannow in cmd and hit enter. That's it. Wait back until the entire process is over.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,