Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2014

Switching the language from Spanish to English

I was given a used laptop recently as a gift. The issue is that it is in Spanish. I've been searching for a fix for the past few weeks. I've attempted the windows update option but I do not understand Spanish. It is the ultimate version, btw.
I've also tried changing the display language which didn't work. English wasn't an option. I managed to get my internet explorer to display mostly in English. That's it.
I'm extremely frustrated. Help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks!
Old 11-02-2014

Re: Switching the language from Spanish to English

I assume that you are using Windows 7 Ultimate version of the operating system. Can you try to follow the below steps and see if that helps:
  1. Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.
  2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
  3. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems