Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-01-2014

Windows 8.1 new software installation failed due to corrupt temp folder

I have a Windows 8.1 system. I had recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. After upgrade a new issue started appearing. I am unable to install anything. I am trying to update all my programs like Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, etc. I am just re-installing it so that I wont face any crash problem later on. But somehow this things is not working. When I double click on the setup file it starts up and I click on next. The setup just crash on that place. It does not move ahead. Can anyone help me to get rid of this issue. Thanks.
Old 31-01-2014

Re: Windows 8.1 new software installation failed due to corrupt temp folder

The issue looks like with corrupt temp folder. Did you tried running Disk Cleanup. This tool will wipe out the file of temp folder and will give you more free space. Later on you can go ahead and run the setup. If still it does not work then I think you have to install everything back again from scratch.
Old 01-02-2014

Windows is problematic with errors. And a various amount of troubleshooting tips does not help much. There is one more thing you can try to fix out the problem. Check that your C drive has enough amount of space left. It is completely full then the setup will not go ahead. Most of the setup extract the setup files in the temp folder. You just have to go ahead cleaning the same and then only you will get the kind of solution you are looking for. The second thing you can try is simply go ahead with installing Windows back from scratch. You will have to format your pc. This is the best way to get rid of problem you are facing. Formatting wipe out all the damage and unwanted files from the system. And then you can go ahead with installing all of them one by one.
Old 03-02-2014

The issue can be also due to bad sectors. You can find that through a hard drive testing software like HDDTest. You can download this tool and test out. Just install this in your system and check back. If you find any errors then try to get a new hard drive.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,