Thread: Windows 7 Slipstream setup crashed with bluescreen

Windows 7 Slipstream setup crashed with bluescreen

I had made a custom Windows 7 setup through RT 7Lite tool. I want to integrate my motherboard drives on the windows setup. This would be easier for me to re-install. I had added some top browsers like Firefox and Chrome in it. And I had also added MSE with updates. I had created a dvd of that and when I went with setup Windows crashed after few time. It is not stable. What can be issue. How can I make this slipstream setup more stable.

Re: Windows 7 Slipstream setup crashed with bluescreen

There can be some damage file in it due to which the setup is crashing. Try to build the cd back again but this time only go with drivers. Avoid applications. You can try installing them again later on.

Slipstream disk are ideal if you want to remove stuffs from Windows. If you try to add any additional things there is very less chances that it will work stable. I can give you one more options here. If you only want to create this installation cd for your pc then you can go ahead with cloning partitions. This is the simplest way to install windows. You can use popular cloning tool like Norton Ghost or Acronis. You can just create a image file of your entire partition. This includes all installed drivers, application and updates. The image size would be around 7GB or higher. So you will probably need 2 DVD's. Try to merge that into one. Like creating a installation partition with required browsers and drivers only. You can also keep the image on your hard drive and run the installation.

Clone drives will be limited to a single pc only. But if you are able to create a unattended setup disc then you can try to use the same on other pc also. Try using some other tool for the same. You can limit the setup to drivers only.