Thread: after updating Dell Inspiron 15R SE to Windows 8.1, CCC will not start

after updating Dell Inspiron 15R SE to Windows 8.1, CCC will not start

I am using an old Dell Inspiron 15R SE laptop which was running on Windows 7. I have now updated it to the latest Windows 8.1 and having some problem with the Catalyst Control Center which is not starting at all. When I went into Device Manager there was nothing listed. Previously it used to work in Windows 8 properly but now after the update it will just not work? Any ideas

Re: after updating Dell Inspiron 15R SE to Windows 8.1, CCC will not start

You will need to manually replace the display adapter driver in Device Manager and force the Amd driver over the signed microsoft driver. So, download the latest amd driver from its official website and extract it to your desktop. Open device manager and then go to Properties > Driver > Update driver and choose Browse my computer and then let me pick the driver. Go to your desktop and choose the driver from there and click ok and let Windows change the driver for you.

The error that you are getting usually happens because microsoft installs its own driver and the CCC installer cannot change it by itself. So to solve this issue, run Amd cleanup tool and remove everything and restart your laptop. After that use the setup.exe from CCC and install everything but the driver itself. Now open device manager and update the driver for video card to Amd driver only instead of microsoft. Now run CCC installer and then install on the device driver.

There is also an easy way to fix this issue. All you need to do is just go to this web link - http://ftp.dell.com/published/Pages/ and then choose your laptop model and click on it. After that search for the amd drivers on the page and install it in your laptop. Restart the laptop and you will see that CCC will be working fine again. If this doesnt work then install "ccc2_install" from this folder path - C:\Program Files\AMD\CCC2\Install