Thread: Want help to tweak Windows 7 64bit Installation DVD

Want help to tweak Windows 7 64bit Installation DVD

How can I tweak Windows 7 installation DVD. I want to remove some stuff from it and add motherboard drivers. I had seen some guide on the web which says it is possible to create a slipstream disc. This custom installation disc upon setup will add all required drivers and necessary applications. I had not yet tested this out. I have a Windows installation disc with me. I want to create a custom disc of Windows 7 x64bit. I just want to add the drivers. Those would be enough.

Re: Want help to tweak Windows 7 64bit Installation DVD

The best thing you can do is create a clone image of your Windows partition. Go with fresh installation. Add all the required drivers and applications. Then you can use Acronis or Norton Ghost to create a complete image file of Windows drive. And use it always for re-installation.

The limitation of windows image file is that you can only use it on a single pc. But through a tweaked installation disc you would be able to install it everywhere. For that you have to use a tool called as RT7 Lite. This tool is discontinued but still you can find it on some download site. Download and install this software in your system. Once done launch RT7 Lite. And choose the Windows disc through the same. It will load the disc and will give you set of advance options to tweak Windows 7. It is very easy to use and has simple steps. You can remove and add various things from the windows dvd. It works really well and does not has any kind of performance issue. You can add drivers in it and you can also add applications if you want. You have to test once the dvd after making a iso out of it.

RT7Lite is a good tool. But there are less chances that it might work well if you add too many applications in the same. For drivers you can only add your system specific drivers in it. I will recommend you to go with creating Norton Ghost to clone partition.