Thread: Dual Boot Windows Menu is not visible on Dell Laptop

Dual Boot Windows Menu is not visible on Dell Laptop

I had installed Windows 8 over Windows 7 on my system. My system has around 4 partition. The C drive itself has 150GB. I removed 40GB from it through Partition Magic and used it for Windows 8 installation. I had selected the drive properly at the time of setup. The setup was fine. There were no errors in between. Once the setup was over the system restarted and it boot back in Windows 7. I restarted multiple times but still there is no indication of dual boot menu. What should I do. Does re-installation fix the problem.

Re: Dual Boot Windows Menu is not visible on Dell Laptop

It looks the bootloader is not properly configured due to which you are getting that issue. You have to re-install Windows 8 to fix the issue. There can be some issue at the time of restart. Check the in partition if there are some files in it or not.

Before re-installing windows back again there are some thing you can do. You can try modifying the bootloader through EasyBCD. This tool help you to manage the entries of bootloader. There are chances that Windows 8 is not properly listed. You can try fixing the same through this tool. But if this does not work then you have to install everything back again from scratch. There must be a windows 7 menu on the screen after boot that allow you to choose Windows 7 or older operating system. If this is still not appearing then try to change the windows 8 installation cd and get another one. This disc look damage due to which you are not able to get proper bootloader.

EasyBCD can only help you to add or remove entries on existing dual boot system. You cannot repair a bootloader through the same. It is better if you go with complete re-installation. That is the best procedure to fix the issue.