Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014

100% usage of CPU problem

This is my first question in this Forum. I hope I am asking in the correct place.

I have a hp laptop. it is more than 10 years old.
Spec are as follows:
Professional ver 2002 SP3
Intel Celeron
processor 1.5GHz
0.99 GB RAM

I use Nod32 antivirus

When laptop boots up, without doing anything, CPU usage stays at 100%. It is extremely slow even for opening a folder.
Recently I don't use it for surfing the Internet.
I should add that I haven't turned on the laptop for almost 6 month. Although I don't think it should have a negative impact, but this is the only big issue comes to my mind.

What is the cause of this problem and how can I resolve it.
Also if I want to enhance the speed of my laptop, what physical configuration do you recommend?
Old 03-01-2014

Re: 100% usage of CPU problem

Can you try to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and check what process is using 100% CPU usage? I think that there might be some software corrupted or either due to heating issue the CPU usage is jumping to 100%. Can you try to clean off some dust from your laptop, anything that you can but from inside if you can clean then its well and good.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: