Thread: Screen shifted towards left side on Windows 8 PC

Screen shifted towards left side on Windows 8 PC

My windows 8 desktop is behaving weirdly. This morning when I turned it on the screen is shifted to the right side. There was two parts of the screen. It was not proper at all. I cannot read anything. I cannot even see the password box. It is shifted to the right side and there is a blurred screen to the left side. I had restarted he pc a number of time to fix this thing. But still the issue exist. This thing happened instantly.

Re: Screen shifted towards left side on Windows 8 PC

Just turn of your system for sometime. If you have a graphic card then open the cpu case and try to remove the card and place it back. This might fix the issue. If not then change the card slot and check back again.

I think the problem lies with the video driver. This is a bit weird issue. I can share my experience with a similar kind of problem which occurred some time ago. I have a 21inch big size monitor. Sometime while working on it the screen flickers and the entire resolution was messed up. But upon restart the issue was resolved. There was no issue. And this issue appear whenever I play games. The last thing I did is removed the old video driver and installed a new one. I got the update from official website and it worked. There was no issue at all. The system is still working fine. So in your case you have to do the same thing. First boot your system in safe mode and then remove the old driver. Install a new one back again and see what output you are getting. This is enough for fixing the issue. You are getting that screen because your display driver is crashed.

I am getting the same screen on bios also. It is not a driver issue. I am sure about that. When I start my pc the bios screen is shifted. Later on the same issue continue on windows also. I think there is some hardware fault in the system.

Try to see the display cable. If you are using a vga one then remove it add it back. If still the issue continue then get a good cable from the market and add the same in your system. You can find a budge vga cable from the market and add the same in your system. And if you are using hdmi then also you have to change it. This kind of issue are mostly associated with cable thing. The cable is damage or not proper due to which you are getting the screen issue. Just try to unplug and plug it back. This would be more than enough to resolve the issue. But if still this is not working then you have to test your system on some different monitor. See what output you are getting. If the screen issue is the same then there are few things you have to check. The display cable, the gpu and display ports. But if the display is proper on other monitor then your existing one is damage.

It can be a monitor issue also. Many monitor comes with 3 years warranty. You can carry the same to a service center where you will get a replacement for it. Most probably this kind of issue are associated with the display cable.