Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-12-2013

Virtual box bridge networking failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I am not able to use Virtual Box bridge networking after upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8. My laptop was already having Windows 8 in it and I am using Windows 8 in virtual box also I had upgraded my laptop to Windows 8.1 But after the update bridge networking failed to work. I am not able to do anything. I want some help here to fix the issue. I had updated the drivers but still the issue remain the same. I cannot revert back to old os.
Old 18-12-2013

Re: Virtual box bridge networking failed after upgrading to Windows 8.1

Can be a issue with the ip configuration. You will have to check that. Launch cmd and type ipconfig /all. See that you can see the ip details about the virtual box. If you are not able to get any details in that then try to configure the network manually.
Old 19-12-2013

Try to re-install virtual box. This will resolve the issue. I got the same issue on my system also after running the update. Suddenly the virtual box failed to work. But later on I went to re-installation of virtual box and the issue was solved. It looks like some issue with the internal files. After re-installation the problem is resolved. I went ahead with troubleshooting the same through updating fresh drivers and also installing Windows update. But it became more complicated. The network as not at all detected and I was also not able to us internet. Later on I thought it is better to reconfigure everything back from scratch. So went ahead with the process and it worked.
Old 20-12-2013

Once again try to check for the drivers. If that does not work then as mentioned above try to re-install the same. This will sort out the issue. Re-installation fixes most of he problem. Check the software requirements whether it supports the new windows or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,