Thread: Are you still using Windows XP

Are you still using Windows XP

Windows XP is outdated now. I made this discussion to find out that are you still using Windows XP. Microsoft has stop support for this OS. Compare to all other editions, Windows XP was the most popular one. It is fast and impressive in terms of performance and output. I do not think after, Microsoft is able to deliver such performance. It still a ideal choice for old pc and netbooks.

Re: Are you still using Windows XP

You are right about that. I have this on my Acer Netbook. It came pre-installed and I am still using it. I had installed Office 2007 on the same and the netbook is more than enough to edit office files. Windows XP is reliable.

I am using that on a old system. It has a outdated account software. The software is discounted and we are having more than 4 years of data in that. So there is no way we can upgrade our systems to new. There are in total 4 systems which has Pentium processors and still they are working. One thing is good that if you need a OS for work only then XP is the best one. It does not has any performance problem. You can even run it nicely on 256mb of ram. In our office we only use system to run the accounting software. That's all. It is not use for internet nor for any other thing. Due to which the system works really nice and does not has any problem. We are slowly trying to migrate our data to a new system which has Windows 7. All we have to do is re-feed the old data back again in the new one which is again complicated.

Microsoft should make Windows XP as as open source OS. They must release it back with some additions for free so that it can be used by many. Windows XP is really one of the best operating system so far.