Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013

Is it possible to run Firefox OS on PC

Firefox OS is a new platform that is released recently. I had seen some mobile models also which are running on that. I want to test this OS and want some help to run this on my pc. I had used Android on my pc through bootable usb. There is a pc version available. But what about Firefox OS. I am not able to find any download for this new OS. Does it is better compare to Android. And what about application support.
Old 03-12-2013

Re: Is it possible to run Firefox OS on PC

You can checkout videos on YouTube that can give you more information about the operating system. I had seen the images and it looks a very basic OS. I do not think it is better than android. You can try to find some kind of emulator for running this OS.
Old 04-12-2013

Firefox directly offer you a option to run and test this OS through these browser. All you need is to add a addon. This addon is a kind of Firefox OS emulator. This emulator offer you a simple ui about testing the OS. You can also add different app. So just go on web and search for Firefox OS emulator. You will get the official Mozilla site from where you can add the addon on your browser and then run it. I had tested this OS. It does not has anything special. Android is far more better compare to this one. I had tried to locate a full version that I can run on the pc, but this only works through browser. I am waiting for a pc edition of android OS which is yet not developed nor released in the market. The next important step is to integrated the operating system with Google play so that we can play ample of different games on it.
Old 05-12-2013

I had tested this OS. I cannot find anything special in this. Compare to that Android is far more better. I don't understand what is the user releasing new OS when there is already a better one available in the market. Firefox must take android and make a OS out of that on its theme.
Old 06-12-2013

This was announced long back. Firefox is also jumping in the portable platform by releasing their new os. There are different new os released in the market after android. This new OS offer you various features, fast ui and smart output. Now Firefox OS is nicely designed to work with web browsing stuff. It has lightweight applications. But it i shard to beat android. One more important thing that matters in success of a good os is the app support. If it has fairly less amount of apps then people will not going to like it. The first device is released and you can checkout the review on YouTube.
Old 07-12-2013

Firefox Os is just released and coming up on any conclusion is not good enough. I will advice you to simply go ahead with a short test. Here it is right that you can run the os through a web browser and it really works fine. You can get a small detail about its ui.
Old 09-12-2013

There is no download available for that. You have to buy the phone to test it. This is the first edition and the developers says that it is lightweight and will give you better output. Along with performance security also matters a lot. A os based on web based platform can be more vulnerable compare to others. There can be easy exploits through additional addon and plugin causing major issue in the phone. I had seen the os demo. There is nothing different in it. The phone looks simple and has basic output. It has the same kind of capacitive button and touch based support. The menu ui and other stuff. And above all the app support also matters a lot. If that is not available then you can't do anything in the same.
Old 10-12-2013

Android is the best among all. You will also get a good pc based OS to test. Soon we can see android on pc also. This OS is booming on portable platforms
and in future I think Google will add Android in its Chromebook.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,