Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-11-2013

mouse lags after upgrading to Windows 8.1 Preview

I have recently upgraded my laptop to from Windows 8 to 8.1 preview. Everything is working fine except that some games are not playable with the logitech mouse that I am using with my laptop. After starting the game, the mouse starts to lag and sometimes the pointer will also jump back and forth. Is there anyone solution for this problem? Thanks
Old 14-11-2013

Re: mouse lags after upgrading to Windows 8.1 Preview

Are you using a gaming mouse with high frequency then you might be getting lower frequency than you are expecting. So you will need to follow the instructions given in this microsoft KB2908279 article to solve the issue - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279. By using the patch given on that website and also following some steps, the mouse lagging issue will get definitely solved for you.
Old 16-11-2013

Many people who upgraded their system to Windows 8.1 preview were suffering from this problem. So to solve this problem microsoft has released a solution for the mouse lagging issue that was faced by some gamers. In many games like Counter Strike and Call of Duty the mouse used to stutter and lag. So, to solve this issue you can apply the update that you can download from this link.
Old 18-11-2013

If the above solution doesnt work then you can even try to turn on compatability mode to solve this issue for older games. Simply right click the .exe file of the game and then go to Properties. After that select Compatability Tab and then choose the version of Windows for which you want to run the game in compatibility mode and then click ok and test the game.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,