Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013

Unable to install Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431 laptop

I am trying to do an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 but the installation errors out in the middle and gives me an error message that says "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." I even tried to do a fresh install but it gave me the same problem again. Does anyone know if this laptop is Windows 8 ready or not? Thanks
Old 08-11-2013

Re: Unable to install Windows 8 on Acer Aspire V5-431 laptop

There might be some settings in your BIOS that you need to look for. You can even go to Acer website and see if there is an update for the BIOS of your laptop and download and install the same. You can also try to search for a software that upgrades your laptop to Windows 8 on acer website. I dont remember the same but there should be a software available.
Old 09-11-2013

Yes, the software is called Acer Upgrade Assistant that you can download from here. After that you need to download Bios and application updates that is required to finish the upgrade process. You can also check the complete step by step procedure given at this link - http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/...assistant-tool
Old 11-11-2013

I downloaded the Acer Upgrade Assitant Tool and it didnt work for me. I have followed the above url and also all the steps but still I am getting the same error message? Is there any other way to solve this problem? Thanks

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,