Thread: What is new in Ubuntu 13.10

What is new in Ubuntu 13.10

Recently the new edition of Ubuntu is released in the market. I am looking for the new features in it. I got a upgrade in the system. But before moving ahead I want to checkout whether it is good or not. I want the new things which are added in the same. Like the changes. Last time they had added the HUD giving out a default search box on the home screen. What new things this OS has. I hope it has more graphic support.

Re: What is new in Ubuntu 13.10

It released with the code name Saucy Salamander. It has major improvement which makes it more reliable. This time the developers had worked on the performance. It is more faster and smooth in usage. This is unified OS for all platform like smartphone, desktop, netbook, etc.

The version number is Ubuntu 13.10. This time the OS has features for Smartphone. It has a portable edition also where you can use it on a mobile phone. But the setup is advance here. Each time the new version of Ubuntu comes loaded with tons of new thing. You can get a amazing interface with fast performance and great output. The mart Scopes search is more smarter here. It allow you to search whatever you want. I also look online to give you proper details. The screen hud is more advance this time and you can take maximum benefit from the same if you have a active internet connection. It is faster and better. The interface remains the same. Ubuntu is still using the same icon type and layout. There is nothing much in the customization. A separate OS is released for the mobile platform. You can add this in your tablet and mobile phone this time.

This new upgrade looks more important for mobile platform. It deliver great speed and nice features. It is smooth and clean. The desktop search is more enhanced and linked with web. Ubuntu one comes integrated in the same where you get option to store all your files on the cloud server. With simple login you can connect to the cloud server and enjoy amazing output. Performance wise it is more optimized. It is fast and great. It has a smooth output. It now support many latest hardware support. This is the first time Ubuntu comes with integrated dash payments. That means you can add your account details in the same and buy things instantly from web. You can purchase from Amazon and Ubuntu Music store. The new kernel version in this is 3.1.1. This is performance focus kernel which add blazing fast speed to the usage. It works well and has no problem with the output. It supports a more larger number of hardware. It comes with updated LibreOffice suite. The version is 4.12 that has more advance options.

It is stable and good. I had upgraded it. Ubuntu is one of the most stable release in the market. It worked really fine on all hardware offering you great output. The Compiz UI is more improved here. It is more enhanced and fast. You can access your files more easily and work well with the same. The updated kernel allow you to use different hardware in the system. The dash is more faster this time. Before I only search for apps, but now new parameters help you to search news and other stuff. Like if we search for news:ubuntu in the dash we can see the news site listed on the desktop screen. It is simply amazing and fast. The dash also help you to locate product details and many more stuff. Dash is optimized with content and images. It is a nice thing. I am waiting back to test the mobile version. I had downloaded a package and will try to install it on a android phone.