Thread: Windows 7 re-installation giving boot manager missing error

Windows 7 re-installation giving boot manager missing error

After running a Windows 7 setup through setup disc it get stuck on Expanding file. Then it reboots on it own and give me boot manager missing error. I had started the setup and went out. When I came backup I saw the issue. I tried the setup once again. It takes hours to complete but at the end I am getting boot manager missing error. What should I do to fix the problem. I am using a new Windows 7 dvd for installation.

Re: Windows 7 re-installation giving boot manager missing error

Change your Windows disc. Get a new one. It has some damage file in it. A proper CD does not take long time to expand files once they are copied. I think the entire setup complete up within 30mins. So here the CD or the optical drive is having problem.

Can be a memory issue. I had got the issue while installing windows in a old laptop. It was a Core 2 Duo system with 500GB hard drive. Due to virus it was working slow. So I thought to re-install windows. It is having 4Gb ram stick. Two sticks of 2GB ram. At the time of setup it gets very slow. The setup just halt on expanding file. When you install windows, the initial setup loads in the memory card. If the ram is not proper the setup will move ahead. I tried the same thing number of time and at the end got a blue screen error. So I removed one stick and it worked. It was not freezing, nor lagging. So I also think in your case there can be a memory problem. If you are having multiple sticks then remove one and check back. This will hep you to get a good output. If ram is not the issue then as mentioned above change the disc. You can try using a usb as bootable media. Download Windows 7 Bootable USB maker tool which is free and make a installation usb from that.

Try the same setup through a usb cd rom. This will help to fix the issue. In my laptop the optical drive is damage. Due to which I cannot use Windows disc to run the setup. So I use the usb cd rom to install operating system and it works fine.

I think your setup is not proper. There can be a ram issue but the best way is to find out whether the DVD or optical drive is working fine or not. It is easy to check. You can insert the same disc in any other system and checkout. If it works then the DVD is fine and the issue lies with your system. Which can be due to optical drive and ram. Making a bootable usb is a good options here. But to use it your motherboard must support the features. Some old system does not has support for booting from usb. Still you can try the same. In my case when this kind of thing happen I insert the Windows disc when my pc in on. From my computer I went inside the disc and click on setup.exe. This launches the setup and I just have to click next for getting windows. The issue with this process is that it creates a windows.old folder which has old files. It is a big size folder. Then I delete it by running Disk Cleanup.