Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-10-2013

mouse pointer invisible in windows 8

I am using a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8 few months back. All the things were working fine until yesterday when the mouse pointer just hanged while I was surfing the internet. So I restarted the laptop but after that the mouse pointer is not appearing on the screen. I tried to reinstall the HID devices in Device Manager but still nothing. Can anyone tell me how do I get back the mouse pointer again? Thanks
Old 19-10-2013

Re: mouse pointer invisible in windows 8

Try to perform a clean boot and see if that works. To do the same press Ctrl+F to open the Search bar. After that type msconfig in it and then press Enter. Go to the Services tab and then choose to hide all the microsoft services checkbox and then disable all of them as well. On the Startup tab open Task Manager and then for each startup item choose every item and disable them. Close Task manager and then restart the computer.
Old 21-10-2013

You might have a function key to turn on and off the mouse pointer on your laptop and if you have pressed it then the mouse pointer disappears from the computer. The key might be either F5 or F4 to turn back the mouse pointer again or else press FN + F5 keys on the keyboard and see if the mouse pointer comes back on the screen again.
Old 22-10-2013

If the above solutions doesnt work for you then try to press Windows Keys + W key to search settings. After that type troubleshoot and then click on troubleshooting in the results displayed on your screen. You will get a new window on which you have to click on Hardware and Sound. Now in the list of options, click on the Hardware and Devices and then click next and follow the on screen procedures to solve the issue.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,