Thread: How to fix Corrupted Admin profile in Windows 8

How to fix Corrupted Admin profile in Windows 8

Something has went seriously wrong with my windows 8 system. I am using this PC since past 8 to 10 months without any issue and was working great until last night. Today morning when i booted up the system it took about 10 minutes to reach to the start screen. Later i found that it has booted into temporary profile instead of my Admin profile. I tried restarting the PC few times but every time the same result.

After digging out i found the a message in the log saying that my registries might have got corrupted. I dont know how it can happen because when i shutdown the PC yesterday, it was in good condition. Anyways, now can anyone here please tell me how can i get back my original profile ? Thank in advance.

Re: How to fix Corrupted Admin profile in Windows 8

Did you ran/installed any Windows updated just before the problem occurred? If yes, there would be something that messed up the system. You should try deleting those (most recent) windows updates and run System File Checker to fix (if any) system file is corrupted. If you are not able to do this from your existing profile, then unhide the Built-in Administrator and perform the action using the same. I'm not sure whether you will be able recover the \deleted/corrupted profile, but you can create a new profile or most probably you will be able to move older profile to the new one. Let me know if you need any more help with this.

Re: How to fix Corrupted Admin profile in Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Orion lella View Post
    If you are not able to do this from your existing profile, then unhide the Built-in Administrator and perform the action using the same. I'm not sure whether you will be able recover the \deleted/corrupted profile, but you can create a new profile or most probably you will be able to move older profile to the new one.
    I appreciate your help Orion but can you be more specific please? You can count me as newbie for this, i have never done any of these job hence dont have any idea. Please let me know how do you access the built-i Administrator and to recover the old profile?

Thank you again.