Thread: volume control keyboard shortcut in Windows 7

volume control keyboard shortcut in Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and I wanted to know if there is any keyboard shortcut to control the master volume in our computer? I dont want to use any software to do this things because it will be just another bloatware taking spaces in my hard drive? So does anyone know of a way to do this? Thanks

Re: volume control keyboard shorcut in Windows 7

There is way to do this, just download the volume control shortcut.zip from the below attachment and save it to your desktop. After that extract the same file with winrar software and then unblock it. In your Windows 7 OS you will need to Pin it to Taskbar or in Start Menu or Quick Launch or can even assign a keyboard shortcut to it. Hope this helps you out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want to make a Master Volume Shortcut and assign a key to it then you need to right click on an empty area on desktop and then click on New and Shortcut. After that copy and paste the below command in the location of the item area:
    %windir%\System32\SndVol.exe -f 49825268

After that click next button and simply use a term to the shortcut and click finish. Now you need to right click on it and choose Properties and then click Shortcut Tab. You can now assign a shortcut key like F8 or F9 in the shortcut key area and then click apply, thats it.

There is a tool called Sound Volume Hotkeys version 1.3 that you can download and use to control the sound volume using the scale of the system hotkeys. The screen volume indicator will show you the current level. Another option would be use Hotkey or ZenKey and use the below script for controlling the Master Volume Key:

Code:
    #PgUp::Send {Volume_Up 3}
    #PgDn::Send {Volume_Down 3}