Thread: No Admin account in Windows 8, need help

No Admin account in Windows 8, need help

Is it possible that we have any Windows PC without a Single Admin account? Practically even i dont think so but i got exact situation at present with my Windows 8 running laptop. It was having two accounts so far, 1 is Administrator which is my account, and second is the general standard account for all my family members.

I was doing some work today on my laptop and left it unlocked for about 5 minutes because of a phone call. During that time a kid from my family did something to my laptop. I guess he deleted the Administrator account. Now there is just a single account and that is Standard account which i created for my family. Is there any way i can get back my Admin account or create a new Administrator?

Please help.

Re: No Admin account in Windows 8, need help

How can the Admin account be deleted? I have never heard nor seen this before. You have just one Admin and one Standard Account, right?

I mean, a user cannot delete Admin account if he is logged in with Standard Account. And if you are already logged with an Admin Account, you just cannot delete your own particular account in which you are logged in. This is very confusing.

Re: No Admin account in Windows 8, need help

Quote Originally Posted by Jackia View Post
    Is there any way i can get back my Admin account or create a new Administrator?
    Even i dont understand how the one and only Admin account can be deleted if there is no other Administrator on the PC. Anyways. I dont know think you can recover your already deleted Admin account but you can create a new Administrator for sure.

For your information, all windows operating system comes with a default Built-in Administrator account, which use to be hidden. You can not find it in Control Panel > User Accounts. Here is how you can access the same.

• Type CMD in start Menu, right click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Now type the following commands one by one followed by Enter key:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
      • net user administrator <Password>

Now your Built-in Administrator will be active. Log out from this account, login to the Administrator, create a new Admin. Once done, repeat the above process and turn off the hidden admin again by running this command "net user administrator /active:no" without quotes.