Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-09-2013

Live Mail working slow on Windows 8.1 Preview

Windows Live Mail is constantly crashing on Windows 8.1 Preview. I had downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft file and installed the same on my system. I had directly upgraded over existing Windows 7 OS. The upgrade was fine. There was no crash issue and it looks to be working well. But when I try to launch Mail it crash and starts a tiny setup. It is like the application is trying to repair itself. But it is coming constantly each time when I launch mail.
Old 27-09-2013

Re: Live Mail working slow on Windows 8.1 Preview

It is damage. You have to re-install. Windows Mail is a part of Windows Live Essential which offer you pack of useful tools. You can download the latest edition from Microsoft site and run the setup. Try to remove the existing first. This will fix the problem.
Old 27-09-2013

The upgrade has cause some issue in the system. This can be also due to incompatible 3rd party software. A number of time when you run the upgrade other associated programs becomes buggy. And they give you a crashing error. So the best practice is to backup your data first and then go ahead with complete installation. Overwriting the existing setup cause more bug. I always update my OS in this way. I do not upgrade. Long ago when I was upgrading Windows 7 over Windows Vista I got the same issue. A number of programs in the system failed to work. If you directly uninstall the email client you might loose your mails also. So the first thing you have to do is backup your data. You can go ahead with a tiny tool called as KLS Mail Backup. Download this and backup your data and then check back. Once you got your mails you can run a fresh setup.
Old 28-09-2013

A damage registry can be also the cause. I do not think that is repairing. You can try overwriting the setup. This will not remove the data but replace the damage file and it might work. There is no way to restore it back, you have to install it back.
Old 28-09-2013

Live Mail is quiet buggy. I am unable to understand the reason. I am using this from few couple of months. I am using this because it came in my my laptop.Before that I was using Thunderbird. I had migrated my emails to Live Mail. First of all it is slow. Second it crash very instantly when I try to open any attachment directly. This issue was not in Thunderbird. There were some updates of this email client which had made it more stable. It looks to be working fine. But still I am doubtful on it is performance. I am planing to switch back to Thunderbird as it was quiet stable and easy to use also. I had gone through a number of threads made on Microsoft forums about crashing problem. They only say to update the system.
Old 30-09-2013

Live Mail is quiet buggy. I am unable to understand the reason. I am using this from few couple of months. I am using this because it came in my my laptop.Before that I was using Thunderbird. I had migrated my emails to Live Mail. First of all it is slow. Second it crash very instantly when I try to open any attachment directly. This issue was not in Thunderbird. There were some updates of this email client which had made it more stable. It looks to be working fine. But still I am doubtful on it is performance. I am planing to switch back to Thunderbird as it was quiet stable and easy to use also. I had gone through a number of threads made on Microsoft forums about crashing problem. They only say to update the system.
Old 30-09-2013

Re-install the entire Live Essential package this will do the job. It will resolve the matter. I had done the same thing and Live Mail works fine. Every time when I got any stability issue I overwrite the existing setup and it works. It does not wipe out data also.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,