Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 17-09-2013

English language pack for Windows 8.1 Preview

I bought a laptop from Germany that was installed with the English language pack and was running on Windows 8. Now I have upgraded to the Windows 8.1 preview and cannot install the English language pack. I dont understand german languages and therefore dont know how to get the english pack for my laptop? Can anyone please help me getting it? Thanks
Old 18-09-2013

Re: English language pack for Windows 8.1 Preview

It was noted that Windows 8.1 comes in many languages and if you try to install this upgraded version in a different language than the previous one, in your case it might be german language, then the installer removes all the apps and settings from the OS. You may check the microsoft website for getting the english language pack and see that if it can be installed.
Old 19-09-2013

Even I was facing the same issue that you are facing and to solve this issue I simply changed the region and set it to "USA". After that I was able to download the English Language pack and set it as the default language. Even if setting the region to USA doesnt work, then try different region like UK or some other country.
Old 20-09-2013

Can you try to do a clean boot and see if that helps. You will need to reset your computer and then start it as normal. After that press Windows+R button on the keyboard and then in the run windows type msconfig and press enter. After that click on the General Tab and then click on the Normal Startup option and then click ok. Now you will be asked to restart your computer, do it adn then after you boot to the desktop, try to install the language packs.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,