Thread: Audio hardware missing after updating to Windows 8

Audio hardware missing after updating to Windows 8

I had upgraded my system. I got a upgrade DVD from my office. I overwrite the existing operating system and installed Windows 8 on the same. But after that there is a bit issue in the system. First I was unable to get proper screen resolution. Text and icons were too large. Later on I ran Windows update and then it went back to normal. Now I am unable to get any audio.

Re: Audio hardware missing after updating to Windows 8

Looks like driver issue. Go in Device Manager. You can find that from Charm bar Search box. Just type Device Manager in that and run it. In that look for the hardware which have exclamation mark on them. Right click and update the driver.

That is the manual way of updating drivers. You will have to go one by one for each of them. And there is no guarantee that Windows Update is going to give you everything. The best way to fix the issue is by running the motherboard driver disc. Try to find that and run the complete setup. While there is one more way to fix the problem. Download and install cpuz in your system. This application will give you information on your system motherboard. Find the model and then go Google to visit the official website. Go the drivers section and download it. That's all. Run the setup. Try to find the driver as per the operating system. Many manufacturer offers separate drivers for Windows 8. So just download that and install it in your system. The issue will be resolved. Try to find the latest drivers only. Outdated drivers might cause issue with certain hardware.

It is always recommended to go with fresh setup.Because here you install everything from scratch. Upgrade is not always stable. There can be certain files inside which can cause crash or error. So better go ahead with fresh installation only.

It is a common driver problem that can be resolved by updating. Now there are two options for that. First go with manual setup. And the second one is using a driver updating software. There are ample of them available. A driver updater can help you to find more proper and working drivers. There is no need to go with manual setup. Through driver updater you can find ample update instantly. And the assigned version will be also latest. I am using Driver Easy here. You can install a free version of this software on your system. Just download and run the setup. The free edition will work for limited period but work really fine. You can through this can collect the most recent version of your system driver automatically. It has a huge database from where it download all the files. And there is a regular interval of driver update. That means whenever there is a new edition available you can just move ahead with the setup. There is no need to look for any driver disc. Just install this and I am sure your audio driver problem will be resolved.

If you can give me the model of your motherboard then I can provide you a direct download link. If you are having a laptop then just give me the model number which is another easy way to collect latest driver updates.

There are many driver updater software available. The best among them all in Driver Detective. It is quiet popular software which is widely used and still offer you a simple way of updating the drivers. The new version also has support for Windows 8. It is also loaded with a huge database of drivers. And once it is installed it update your system driver automatically. It is really easy to use. I do not really trust any other tool. The only issue here is that you will need to purchase it. It gives you a trail edition for limited period. To find out whether it works or not then you can move ahead with a webscan option. Just click on that. For that you will have to go on the official website. Click on webscan. It will give you a small .exe file. Run the setup. It is a instant way of finding free drivers without messing with the actual software.This web scan feature offer you a limited support. But works really well.

I think if you go and find the audio driver then the problem will be resolved. Installing third party software is of no use. Just find the motherboard model, look for the audio driver and done. You will get update on Google.