Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013

Windows 8 installation stops at splash screen

I am trying to install Windows 8 on my old quad core system. So for that I have burned the disc slowly and was trying to install a fresh copy. After I boot from the DVD the installation is fine till Windows 8 logo and the dvd drive also seems to be loading files but after sometime the disc stops reading and at the splash screen. The installation will not go past this screen even after restarting the pc several times. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2013

Re: Windows 8 installation stops at splash screen

To solve this issue you can do a number of things such as disable Usb legacy in BIOS or try to update all the drivers and the BIOS as well. Try to fiddle with default BIOS settings. Check that the Windows 8 ISO was burned properly, if not then burn it at 3x speed or lowest. Try to disconnect all cables for different devices connected to the pc.
Old 13-09-2013

What is the make and model of the motherboard that you have? You might have a motherboard that is not compatible with Windows 8 operating system or else you will need to update its BIOS firmware to get Windows 8 support. Even after upgrading the bios still it is not working for you then you might have to contact the computer manufacturer for more information.
Old 14-09-2013

The problem that you are facing is due to the Windows 8 GUI boot loader that is not working on your old motherboard. There is solution for this but I cannot guarantee whether it will work or not. Anyways, boot to the DVD by holding the left ctrl key to get a command prompt like the shell and not the setup.exe. After that on the command prompt, run setup /noreboot. After the setup exists, find the bcdstore given by the setup and then use bcdedit to set quietboot to 1 by using the /store option to specify which bcdstore and then restart your pc, and everything will be done.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,