Thread: Windows 7 resolution changes automatically on every reboot

Windows 7 resolution changes automatically on every reboot

Each time upon a reboot my screen resolution simply changes. The screen size is too large and it is completely blurry. I am having a Windows 7 system with Core 2 duo processor, 2GB ram and 1GB Nvidia gpu. The board which is using belongs to Gigabyte. I am unable to find any solution here. I have to manually change the resolution each time and it does not remain constant.

Re: Windows 7 resolution changes automatically on every reboot

The issue lies with the connectivity here. I will recommend you simply change the cable which you had connected to your pc. I think the issue lies with the same. By changing the cable the problem will be resolved. I was getting the same on dvi connection.

The issue lies with video driver. You will require to change the same. Try to update it. It looks your video driver failed on launch due to which you are facing the issue. You said you are having a gpu. The best way to fix the issue is simply updating the drivers. There are two ways of updating the driver. The first is manually. You can do on the official website and download the driver setup and update it. The second is by using a driver update software. It is called as Driver Easy. This tool is really great for updating the drivers. It work fine with all outdated stuff. There are ample of similar stuff available on web. If you keep one installed in your system driver update is done automatically. There is no issue with the same. Manual update is something complicated. In your system the driver utility is crashing due to which you are facing the problem. You can simply re-update that and test it.

It is a driver problem only. The display driver is corrupted due to which your resolution is getting changed on its own. It is a very common issue and can be resolved by updating the driver. Or you can also run system restore for it.