Thread: For app performance between Windows 8 and Windows 7 who is better

For app performance between Windows 8 and Windows 7 who is better

In terms of application usage which one is better. Windows 7 or Windows 8. I am going to go for a new system. I use Autocad mostly. I saw some laptop models on web among which most of them are offering Windows 8. Many of my friends suggested that Windows 8 is not so good. Windows 7 is far more easier and better to operate. And if I buy a new system I will have to buy a separate license of Windows also.

Re: For app performance between Windows 8 and Windows 7 who is better

Windows 8 is not so bad. It offers you a new interface due to which people are bit confused to use it. I think it is better. It offers you a simple metro ui screen from where you can access different applications.

If we talk about the interface then there is lot of difference. But being a new OS, Windows 8 is better in terms of security and performance. All you need is a good hardware for it. Windows 8 provide you a new ui where you get all application access on the home screen. It is mainly designed for touch interface. App access is far more easier on it. The issue only lies with understanding the new UI. It is not complicated. Now for apps performance, you require a good hardware support. You are using Autocad. Having a powerful gpu on it will give you more better performance and improve the output also. I will recommend you to go with Windows 8 system loaded with Core i3 processor, upto 4GB ram and atleast a 1Gb graphic card. That is more better and appropriate. The best thing you can do is simply go for a budget model. Many of them offer you dos that means there is no OS in that and you can on your choice install anything. I had recently purchased Dell 2420 laptop which is loaded with 2nd generation Intel Core i3 cpu, 1GB Nvidia gpu and 2GB ram. It is enough for app usage and you can install anything on it.

I will still stick to Windows 7 here. That is because of easy usage. I had found it more easier. I had tested Windows 8 which confused me a lot. I think Windows 7 is still the best choice.

The only difference I can see is with that new Metro UI and there is no start menu. To find any app or settings you can just press Ctrl + F on the desktop to open charm bar which has a search box. It is more helpful now. Windows 7 is a straight forward operating system with limited features while Microsoft is giving many thing in Windows 8. Being a unique interface you have a more better option to deal with various thing in it. You get easy updates, you do Windows 8 store to get new apps and all your icons are placed on the home screen. There is no way you can disable that. Buying Windows 8 system is not bad at all. It is a new os and it is better to learn this first or else you will get confused later on. Many are not happy with the new UI, but still I think this will be more better. Because it is fast in performance. For app performance just get some more ram stick. That will work fine.