Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-08-2013

sad Pls. help me with system recovery in Windows 7

Hi, my name is Ryan and I am having a hard time fixing my laptop running Win7 64bit, i5, 6gb ram, 640hdd, etc. What happened is it crashed yesterday for whatever reason. The last thing I remember doing was updating the driver of my wifi adapter. Now, everytime I try to turn my laptop on, it just prompts me if i want to 1. Launch startup repair or 2. Start windows normally. Well obviously the start normally isnt working so i choose 1. Startup repair will start then prompt me that it cannot repair the computer automatically. I have an option also to go to advanced options for system recovery, enter US for keyboard inpwtt method, then comes the system recovery options screen asking for a username and password. The username, there are only 3 options, HomeGroupUser$, UpdatusUser, or user. The problem is that i dont know what my password is for either one of them. Help me pls.
Old 21-08-2013

Re: Pls. help me with system recovery in Windows 7

What you need to do is set DVD drive as first boot device in Bios. After that start your computer with Windows 7 DVD inserted in the dvd drive and then press a key when it asks to boot from DVD. After that choose "Repair PC" from the menu and then choose Repair when it asks you. Then select System Restore when prompted and then set Windows back to few days and thats it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,