Thread: Windows 7 re-installation takes an hour to complete

Windows 7 re-installation takes an hour to complete

I am trying to reformat my system and install Windows 7 from scratch. There was some kind of virus problem in my system. Now I am trying to run the setup with the help of a Windows 7 disc. After running it I saw it take really long time to complete the process. The entire setup is stucked on copying file. Almost after a hour the file copy was over and Windows finally installed on my system. Can anyone guess the issue.

Re: Windows 7 re-installation takes an hour to complete

Looks like some kind of issue with the cd you are using. Or it can be with the optical drive also. I will advice you to simply change the disc first and check the setup back. And if this does not work then you can also move ahead with using a usb drive for installation.

It is a ram issue. I got the same issue with 2GB ram. I was using two sticks of 1GB ram each on my system. Among which one was stopped working. I was not aware about that. My system was extremely slow. I thought after formatting the issue will be resolved. But somehow there was a different scene. When I ran the setup it stucked on copying file and it did not moved at all. I tried a number of stuff. I created a bootable usb drive also which failed to work and stuck on the same thing. I copied all the windows file in a partition and ran the setup via setup.exe which also stucked on the same thing. Later on I went inside bios and found that among 2GB ram one is not detected. It is showing a single 1GB only. I removed the corrupt ram stick and started formatting again which worked. It went fine. The setup was over within 30 minutes. Try to check your ram. The issue will be due to it. If ram is detected fine in bios then you can try a tool called as memtest. This tool will scan the ram for errors and will give a popup if there is any error.

Thanks for the reply. It was a ram problem. I borrowed a ram from my friend and ran the setup. It worked. There was no issue at all with the formatting thing. I had placed a order for new ram.