Thread: Need Samsung Card Reader Driver for Windows 8

Need Samsung Card Reader Driver for Windows 8

I am having a Samsung NP350V5C 15.6 inch Laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows 7 about a year ago. Finally i decided to go with Windows 8. Bought a copy and did a clean reformat install (not upgrade) successfully. Installed all required softwares and system is working fine except one thing. My Card reader.

It just wont detect any SD card. I took it to the service center but they said there is no driver for windows 8, hence they shipped it with windows 7. It sounds a huge problem for me because i had to use the card reader frequently. Is there any way we can make the card reader work on my laptop? Please let me know soon.

Re: Need Samsung Card Reader Driver for Windows 8

Hello Tenzing, did you find the drivers?

Even i am looking for the same. Please let me know from where you downloaded (if you managed to get it).

Thank you.

Seems like Samsung haven't made this laptop for Windows 8 because they haven't provided any drivers download for Samsung NP350V5C. Check the download page here, it only shows drivers for windows 7 and xp. How is windows 8 working on this laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinton View Post
    Check the download page here, it only shows drivers for windows 7 and xp. How is windows 8 working on this laptop?
    I already checked that page dude, didn’t found the drivers hence posted here. I I would have found there, I wouldn’t have came here for help :p

As far as win 8 functionality is concerned, it works good. Not as good but good. What else? Any help?

Windows 8 actually doesn’t requires drivers to installed manually, just like Windows 7. It finds the driver automatically. But as in your case it is not able to get the driver for card reader, did you tried updating it through Device Manager? Did you ran Windows Update once every hardware and software was installed? Probably it should get the drivers directly from Windows Update. Just try it out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzing View Post
    I already checked that page dude, didn’t found the drivers hence posted here. I I would have found there, I wouldn’t have came here for help :p
    Hey Tenzing, just try out these steps, I hope it will help you.
    • First of all download the latest card driver from official website (the URL given above). Yes, download the windows 7 driver itself.
    • Right click the downloaded driver and click Properties > Compatibility Tab
    • Check mark “Run this program in Compatibility mode”
    • Select Windows 7 from the drop down list and Apply > Ok.
    • Complete the installation and reboot computer

See if it works fine now.