Thread: Application to remote kill process in Windows 7

Application to remote kill process in Windows 7

I want a good application through which I can kill a process from remote location. This feature is available in Windows server. I want this for my home desktop. I am having security problem. It looks that some applications are running automatically in the background. There are more pc at my home. I just want a good app that can allow me to kill the process from different places.

Re: Application to remote kill process in Windows 7

I am not sure about remote kill, but you can configure remote desktop. You can use the default remote desktop application in your windows and configure your system on static ip so that you can access them from any place you want.

That will be complicated for you. You can use Teamviewer. There are some features available in it through which you can add a fixed password. Also you can configure silent login where the user who is using the pc will not know whether you are watching his screen or not. It is a very effective to manage your pc from remote location. I am using this from my office to watch kids at home. Sometime when I am late in work they keep on watching movies on the web. And through this I can shut down the pc whenever I want. Also my router allows me a option to change the settings from remote place. I can turn it off and on whenever I want. This thing are really handy to use. There is no valid too available that can give you a effective solution to kill a single process only. You can control a complete system but you cannot mess with a single service.

It is right. I tried many things for it. There were applications like pskill which works from remote location. But it is very complicate to configure them. It is better to use tools like Teamviewer.

PSkill works well with windows server environment. This setup usually exist in a corporate environment. Where you can control a set of different workstations easily through internal services. It is necessary that you must simply go with a simple software. But if you are really looking for effective remote control solution then you can go for windows server setup. The server setup is easy to configure and it allows you more better management of your pc from remote location. All you need to do is keep it on all the time. Once it is closed then connectivity is affected. There are some nice software also available which are third party but effective to initiate remote connectivity. I will list you some free tools which are effective to use. PcAnywhere, PcNow, etc are some free solutions available to control your system from a distance. Among them all Teamviewer is a more effective to use. The reason lies with simple interface.

I am using Radmin. Before that I was using Teamviewer then I switched to this one. The issue lies with Teamviewer is associated with performance stuff. It is a bit slow in usage. So I bought Radmin that works fine.

There are ample of tools available like that. There is nothing worry about the usage here. Now to kill a process you will need to first have access to your system. Then you will need a admin rights to terminate it. Whichever remote desktop software I had seen does not come with a task manager utility. It does not gives you information on ongoing process. Once you see your desktop you end the process through Task Manager only. Now there is one more option through which you can auto-terminate the process. There are some set of applications available for that. Through which you can simply terminate all process of your system at a regular time internal. It is effective but annoying for people who are using the system. I had downloaded a batch script from web which runs a task killer. It terminates everything which is running and allow me to get a bit more better output.

Remote setup is not complicated, but what matters is complete control. I am trying to find a software that can provide multiple remote access in a single window. It looks there is no such tool exit. I have to manage one pc at one time. Which is a time consuming process.