Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013

Need help to install Windows 7 64bit on iMac

How can I install a 64bit edition of Windows on iMac. My friend has a iMac system and he wants Windows on the second partition for using applications which are not working in Mac platform. I tried to find some steps on web but this looks really complicated. Is there a easy way available by which I can just run a few set of application without disturbing the actual settings.
Old 07-08-2013

Re: Need help to install Windows 7 64bit on iMac

Mac system supports windows. You can dual boot that. But you will need to go for a complete guide. Search go Google about using Bootcamp to install windows. That will be more easier.
Old 07-08-2013

Installing Windows can be risky. Because the setup does not went well then you can face problem with crashing or blue screen. The best thing you can do here is go for virtualization. As per your question it looks that you want a temporary solution for running the setup. So going for dual boot is not a proper choice. Virtualization software are available for many platform that can guide you for a simple setup. There re different tools available that you can test out. Like Parallel, Vmware, Virtual Box, etc. Among all the best one is Parallel. You just have to first install the software on your system and then you will need to move ahead with Windows setup. It will install Windows inside your operating system without touching any other system files. So this is a bit safer to use. Now the requirement here is a cpu that must support virtualization. Many processor today comes with the virtualization support so there is nothing to worry about the hardware configuration.
Old 08-08-2013

There is a different process for different mac edition. I am giving you some reference links below which can tell the complete procedure for installation. You have to download a few set of apps and it is also recommended that you must backup your data before doing this.

Mac Basics: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp --
Boot Camp: Installing Windows 7 Frequently Asked Questions

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,