Thread: Remove media disk error on formatting netbook via Windows bootable usb

Remove media disk error on formatting netbook via Windows bootable usb

I used a usb creator software to create a bootable usb of Windows 7. My optical drive stopped working. And I want to install Windows back. The only way I have now is to use a usb drive. I am having a 8GB pen drive which is formatted to FAT32 file format. I got a guide from web which showed me some commands to create a bootable usb drive. But it is not working. When I try to boot with that it is giving me some remove media disk error.

Re: Remove media disk error on formatting netbook via Windows bootable usb

The drive is not properly created due to which you are getting that problem. It is necessary that you must try some other tool. That will do the the job. Just go on web and look for a GUI based software instead of running it through cmd.

You can download Windows 7 USB tool from web. This tool is the best one to create a bootable windows pen drive and it really works fine. I am using this from long time for formatting netbooks. What you will need is a iso file of Windows 7 disc. That's all. You just have to select the source iso file and then apply the path. It will provide you a bootable pen drive. Now there is another way of installing windows. It is just by running the setup directly without booting your system from a usb. If you are having a iso file then exract all the content of that file via winrar. In that you can find a setup.exe file. Click on that. And run the setup. Now windows will not show you option to format a partition it will just install fresh windows over existing one. All files will be transferred inside windows.old folder which will remain in the C Drive. You can use EasyBCD to remove unwanted windows entry.And then run disk manager to wipe out that windows.old folder. This is a kind of good option to install fresh windows back without messing with cd or usb drive. And it works well. The only issue lies here is that you do not have any options to choose a partition here.

Wintobootic is also a effective tool that does the same job.It works with Windows 8 also. Try this one and then see whether it works or not. The tool works on gui offering you options for creating a bootable windows usb.

Somehow it is always complicated to install windows again and again. That is the reason I always keep a image file ready. It is same like formatting. Whenever my system has a issue I run the system iso file. It overwrites all the files on the existing one and it fixes the problem. This is one the best way. Now in many laptop you can find a recovery partition. This partition has the factory setting and OS. Branded system are having a ready to use tool to run recovery stuff. But in our regular system you have to do that manually. Windows 7 itself has a internal utility through which you can create a image file and use Windows disc for recovery. So if you somehow manage to format your system do not forget to create a complete image file. It is recommended. It will allow you easy restore in case of problem. You can create a image file after installing all driver and essential software also. So next time when you restore you do not require to install everything back. While there are some third party tools also available like Norton Ghost or Acronis.