Thread: How to find missing driver of usb 3.0 pci card on Windows 7

How to find missing driver of usb 3.0 pci card on Windows 7

I had connected a usb 3.0 pci card on my system. On which I had had connected a 10 port usb hub. But it is not working at all. When I connect the usb hub on my front usb port it works. But on the pci card it fails. I device manager I can see unknown device. I tried to install it but it didn't work. Can you help to find a solution for the same. How can I install this.

Re: How to find missing driver of usb 3.0 pci card on Windows 7

Right click on the hardware in Device Manager and click on uninstall. Then again run the setup. You can also run Windows Update on the same time to get a basic driver update. That will help you with the installation.

What is the model number of your pci card. On the basis of that you can locate the right driver update. If you are unable to find then there are some things you can try. First you can open your system case and remove the card. Read the model and on that basis find the driver. All pci card manufacturer offers you the drive download. Now if that complicated for you then there is one more easy option available. Download and install Drive Easy in your system. It is a simple application that can help you to update drivers of your system. Drive Easy is capable of scanning your system for pending hardware installation and it also download it. There is no need to go for manual setup. The free edition here only help you to download but for setup you will need to move ahead with manual process. If you want DriveEasy to install it then you will need to purchase it. I found the tool really helpful. It also has a online scanner where you do not require to install anything in your system. Just run the scanner through which you can find the information on the pci card.

If you just want to locate information on installed hardware in your system then you can download and add HWiNFO in your system. This is another tiny tool which gives you all detail about installed hardware on which basis you can locate proper driver.

HDT is similar software. I use this always at my clients pc to locate connected hardware in their system. Now if you are facing issue with drivers there is one more effective tool that you can use. Driver Detective is one of the most widely used software which can help you to install pending hardware in your system. There is trail version available which you can test and find out. While there is a online scanner also available which can help you atleast to locate the model of installed hardware. Instead of messing with manual setup, you can just run the web scanner to locate proper driver. If still the hardware does not work then try to change the slot or check your bios settings. Some internal settings might be causing the problem. The only thing which you require here is the model of that usb 3.0 pci card through which you can install the actual driver.