Thread: Cannot format windows pc with genuine Windows 7 disc

Cannot format windows pc with genuine Windows 7 disc

I am not so good in computer. I downloaded a video from web that shows me how to format my pc. I copied that on my mobile phone. Now through the mentioned procedure I am trying to format my pc. My pc was slow due to virus problem. So formatting is the only option left. I am having genuine Windows 7 disc which I got with the pc. The started formatted till choosing the partition. But after that the system just restarts.

Re: Cannot format windows pc with genuine Windows 7 disc

Try to format the partition first. When you run the setup, Windows will create a windows.old folder over existing one and consume disk space. So just click on the partition and below you can find more options. Click on that and format the partition and then run the setup.

Do you have any important data in your pc still left. If yes then do not format it. You will loose everything. It is essential that first you go for a backup process which can be done via Live CD. There are ample of free Live Disc available on the web that you can use for the backup purpose. Boot your system from the disc and copy all your important data in a external storage or at some secure place. That is the one of the best way to fix the issue. Once you are done with the backup thing then you can move ahead with formatting. If there is any problem, then I will recommend you to delete all the partitions and create new one. Sometime bad sectors are also responsible for crash. When you are in the partition menu from there choose a partition and click on delete. In this way delete everything and then start creating a new partition and run the setup over it. That will do the job. Once your system is up you can copy all the data back to your system. Use a good antivirus to protect your system from such issues.

Don't you think deleting all the partition can be risky. What if there is huge amount of data in the system. It is not possible to backup the same. I will recommend you to change the disc, because I think the issue lies with it.

It can be. There can be many reasons behind the problem. I had gone with the issue due to a faulty ram and my friend has faced same thing due to faulty dvd rom. For running the setup if there is a issue with ram it will keep on crashing. For that if you are having multiple memory sticks then you can swap them out, but if not then you will need to rely on the existing ram. Faulty ram is one of the most common cause of system crash. It is essential that you must first test out the ram which can be done via memtest. A easy to use bootable tool that can give you information on ram problem. If that is fine then you can move ahead with checking out the optical drive. It is easy to make a Windows 7 bootable usb drive through which you can install windows. It is really easy. You will just need to download the usb tool which is available on the web. That's all. You can move ahead with the installation procedure. While the last problem according to me can be bad sectors. Try to install windows in different partition.