Thread: Message box scrolling on Windows 7 is not smooth

Message box scrolling on Windows 7 is not smooth

My system looks to be working extremely slow. It was slow before also, so I formatted the same. Before formatting I opened my system case and cleaned everything. I applied a heatsink and changed the cpu fan also which was damage. But after that the system is not working fine. In newly installed windows when I drag a message box it stucks for sometime on screen. It is not smooth as it was before.

Re: Message box scrolling on Windows 7 is not smooth

Remove the ram and install it back. It can be a ram issue. Try to change the slot. Hook it on some other working slot and test back. I am sure that will be enough to fix the issue.

I can share some experience about the issue. I was repairing my friends pc which was having virus issue. He also told me to clean the system. The person from whom he bought the system provided him a amd system. Which offer a mid range output. I opened the case and removed the fan and cpu. It was so tightly fixed that I have to pull it hard to remove the fan, which caused damage to the cpu. It is a pin processor. A single pin was bended. I used screw driver to make it straight again and turned on the system. It was working, but the issue was same which you had mentioned. Whenever I click and drag a window it goes rough. Sometime the image are stucked on the screen. So that is a kind of hardware fault. You will need to check your ram and cpu for the same. For ram there are tools available like memtest that can scan your system and give you information on error associated with ram problems. If any error is detected then either your ram is not hooked properly or there is some problem with it. So the best thing you can do is just check your all hardware connection back and then test back.

I too think this is a ram issue. Just by replacing that will resolve the matter. Check all the connection properly and also go in bios to test out the cpu temp. See whether it is low or not.

If there is any major issue with the cpu or ram, then the system will fail to boot. So to some extent your hardware is fine. The issue lies with the OS. I will recommend you to format your pc once again and test back. I think that will be more beneficial in fixing the issue. The second thing you can do is check out the cpu status. That is the temp check which is available in bios. There you can monitor the rising temperature. If it is high then it means the fan in not well placed. You can apply a heatsink also over the processor and then fit the fan over it so that it fix well and perform nicely. If you can arrange a spare ram then try that also. Remove your existing one and connected the spare one on it. That would be simply more than enough to fix the issue.