Thread: windows 8 BAD-POOL error

windows 8 BAD-POOL error

This is a self assembled desktop running windows 8 since past 6 months without any problem. Recently since a month i started having a problem as mentioned in my title above. Most of the time (about 10 to 12 time a day) i get an error message on my system saying "BAD-POOL Header" and the system restarts automatically. I tried running Automatic Troubleshoot but that doesn't seems to be working in any manner. Even tried searching Google but didn't found anything helpful. Hope anyone of you guys can help me out with the same. Thank you.

Re: windows 8 BAD-POOL error

Hello SaSiL, can you be more specific about the error whether it is Bad Pool Caller or Bad Pool Header error? Because there is few difference in these error messages and though the solution. However, until you reply, just give this a try and let me know the results:

Bring up charm bar, select settings, search for troubleshooting, open it and select ‘Hardware and Sound’ and select ‘Hardware and Devices’. I know you have already run the troubleshooter but that was for the OS. Now we are going to run Hardware troubleshooter to see if there is problem with any hardware.

Secondly, also go to Windows\Minidump folder. open DMP files and let us know if any information provided there?