Thread: Samsung Series 7 Ultra Function keys stopped working with Windows 8.1

Samsung Series 7 Ultra Function keys stopped working with Windows 8.1

I have a Samsung Series 7 Ultra laptop as mentioned in the title above, which came pre-loaded with Windows 8 about 6 months ago. Last week i updated the same to new Windows 8.1 preview to test out the new things, specially the Start Menu. Well i noticed few interesting stuffs with the new OS but simultaneously got some new problems as well. Installation went fine without any problems but dont know why my function keys stopped working. I am not able to use any key shortcut from the top row that includes Turning on/off bluetooth, wifi, touchpad, etc, hence things got worst.

Now can anyone please suggest me the best thing i can do? I mean there seems no way to revert back to earlier OS as well, neither i am able to make my function keys work with this OS. Stuck badly. Please help.

Re: Samsung Series 7 Ultra Function keys stopped working with Windows 8.1

Well when we update our system to Windows 8.1, unlike Windows 7 or windows 8 it disables all your drivers or it requires new drivers to be installed. Hence after updating to Win 8.1, your driver has been removed which controls all those function keys. So what you need to do is visit Samsung download center and download the latest driver for your laptop. Better download all drivers for the model and install. Function keys should start working again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anand D. View Post
    Well when we update our system to Windows 8.1, unlike Windows 7 or windows 8 it disables all your drivers or it requires new drivers to be installed. Hence after updating to Win 8.1, your driver has been removed which controls all those function keys. So what you need to do is visit Samsung download center and download the latest driver for your laptop. Better download all drivers for the model and install. Function keys should start working again.
    Unfortunately there is no Drivers listed on Samsung's website for this windows version. They are still upto windows7 and 8. However i tried installing the one for Windows 8 but yet the same problem. What can i do now? Is the only way is to return back to win 8 or 7?

Hello Maxwell,

Even I am struggling with the same problem and so far didn’t found any working fix. I tried searching web including Samsung, Google, Microsoft, every where but the only solution I got that was if there is no updates on Samsung’s site, probably we should get the same from Windows Update.

I ran windows update, found about 59 updates, but yet unfortunately there wasn’t anything related for Samsung or functions keys. However I installed them all and the problem remains still. So I think fix is either wait for few more weeks until Samsung or Microsoft releases the updated drivers or lets roll back to Win8.