Thread: Windows 7 System working extremely slow even after formatting

Windows 7 System working extremely slow even after formatting

I know this is a very common issue, but still I want to explain the issue I am facing. I am having a high end system. It is actually a gaming pc. I am having Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB ram and 1TB hard drive on it. The pc is around a year old. There is a Nvidia Graphic card on the pc. It was working fine, but I am facing slow performance. As per the hardware config, the output is much lower. First I thought the issue was Windows, so I formatted it. It also did not worked. Nothing happen. The issue is still the same.

Re: Windows 7 System working extremely slow even after formatting

There can be some hardware issue. I doubt the ram. How many ram sticks you are having. Try to remove them one by one and checkout. It can be also due to faulty slot. There are some automated tool available on web that can tell you about the ram problem.

Yes download memtest. This is nice bootable scanner which is capable of giving you proper output about damage ram. I found this tool which I was dealing with the same kind of issue. I was using 2 ram of 2gb each. I am having a Core 2 Duo processor and 500GB hard drive. The system works extremely slow. It takes time even if I drag a window on desktop. I was fed up with the output. While searching on this forum I found a thread which asked to use memtest. It is a iso file. I downloaded and burned that on a dvd. After scanning the tool showed up some errors. I removed the ram and the system looks to be working faster. I contacted the service center for replacement and got a new stick. Now it is working fine. There are ample of reason behind slow performance. It can be due to faulty ram, low psu, virus, etc. It is essential that you test from all side. First test out the ram whether they are fine or not. That you can easily find through memtest. The second way is to find out why some system diagnostic software that checkout every hardware of your system and show you information on any error.

You are having ample of ram and the processor is also great. So why does it is working slow. This is really weird. I also think there is some serious hardware issue in your system. Try to open your case and clean it up.

I think my problem will throw more light on the issue. I am having a Core i3 system with 4GB ram and 500Gb hard rive. It was working slow, so I formatted it. For few couple of weak it worked fine, but again it went slow. I thought the issue was with my windows disc. So I changed it and used a new one. But the issue is same. I installed some hard drive testing software in my system. SeaTools is one of them. I found the issue was with bad sectors. Also the drive was working really slow. The issue with the drive motor. At the time of usage when the drive has to spin at maximum speed, the motor inside failed to offer it is speed. As a result after 2 weeks the drive was completely dead. I got replacement but I lost all the data. I think you are also having the same issue. If your drive is proper then the issue can be overheating. Which is affecting the system performance. It is essential that you must simply checkout each and every hardware which will allow you to reach the cause of issue.