Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013

Multiple 3D desktops on Windows 8

I saw a desktop in a friend's office having multiple desktops on the same PC in 3D view. I loved the same because it makes our work easier as we can run multiple windows on separate desktops which can be switched easily, providing lots of space. It looks something like this, i got the image from google:

Thats great. But that PC was running windows7. I have a Windows 8 running laptop and would like to do the same. Can anyone please let me know if it is possible? I even dont know how did that guy do that on his computer. Somebody please let me know how to make multiple desktops on Windows 8, 3D view is not the compulsion.
Old 13-07-2013

Re: Multiple 3D desktops on Windows 8

There is no built-in option in windows 7 or 8 to do this, that guy has done it using a third party software called "DeskSpace 3D Virtual Desktops". So, you dont need to worry about anything as the software is also compatible with Windows 8. If you want you can download the same from here.

Remember that this is just a trail edition for 14 days. If you like the software, you can purchase it from their official page for 25 USDs.
Old 15-07-2013

Wow, that?s really a great customization software. I checked the list of features for the same on youtube and it seems very interesting. Apart from just turning the desktop in 3D, there are lots more to do with the same. I have a query regarding this application. As I am running a old desktop with 1Gb of RAM and Dual Core processor, will this software work for my system as well? I doubt because the way it rotates and creates 3D desktops, it would be requiring high processing powers and GPU, right?
Old 16-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancoL View Post
I have a query regarding this application. As I am running a old desktop with 1Gb of RAM and Dual Core processor, will this software work for my system as well? I doubt because the way it rotates and creates 3D desktops, it would be requiring high processing powers and GPU, right?
Nope, DeskSpace wont require high end system. Though it has so many 3D features, you can also run the same on system having the following configuration:
  • Processor: 800 Mhz CPU.
  • RAM: 256 MB.
  • GPU: 16 MB DirectX 8.1 compatible video card
  • OS: XP SP2, Vista 32bit and 64bit, Windows 7 32bit and 64-bit, Windows 8 32bit and 64-bit.
I don?t think we even have any system today running on such low configuration

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,