Thread: avast internet security suite not compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview

avast internet security suite not compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview

I have recently installed the new version of Windows 8.1 Preview on my pc. But the problem I am facing now is that this new Windows 8.1 upgrade is telling me that Avast Internet Security Suite is not compatible with this OS. Even, after downloading the Norton antivirus I am getting the same issue. Can anyone tell me which security suite is comaptible with Windows 8.1 Preview OS? Thanks

Re: avast internet security suite not compatible with Windows 8.1 Preview

Well, I think that you will require to contact both Norton and Avast tech suppor for escalating this issue. Since they are the developers for their security software's, so until they release a compatible version, the previous version would not work in Windows 8.1 Preview. However, did you try to install the antiviruses in comapatibility mode with full admin rights?

I dont think that any other security suites will work with Windows 8.1 preview except MSE which is the stock defender. You might be able to install the Norton beta antivirus if you would like and see if that works on your pc with Windows 8.1 preview or not. I also test Micro Titanium Maximum Security Suite which is not working as well.

When I contacted norton then they told me that their tech support people are working on the issue. You can try to download the Norton 8.1 beta version from their website and see if that works with Windows 8.1 or not. Even you can download another security software from Eset that will work fine with this upgraded operating system.