Thread: In Windows 8 bluetooth mouse disconnects continuously

In Windows 8 bluetooth mouse disconnects continuously

I am having a Windows 8 laptop with logitech bluetooth mouse. Though i am having the laptop since long time I bought this mouse recently. Installed all required drivers and did the configuration successfully. Mouse connects fine with the laptop but the problems starts after 5 to 7 minutes. My mouse gets disconnect from the laptop in every 5 to 7 minutes of use but the light on the mouse remains connected, which means the mouse is working fine. TO make it work again i need to restart the MOUSE (not laptop) and it connects again but get dropped again after the same duration. I have no idea what to do to get rid of this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: In Windows 8 bluetooth mouse disconnects continuously

This should be probably the drivers issue. From where did you got the drivers for your bluetooth mouse? You should install the one which came with the CD or download it from its manufacturer's site only. Most of the time when we attach the device without installing its supplied drivers then OS try to get it from Windows Update. These drivers few times create problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Acacia View Post
    This should be probably the drivers issue. From where did you got the drivers for your bluetooth mouse? You should install the one which came with the CD or download it from its manufacturer's site only.
    I tried every thing dude. First i was using the drivers CD itself but the problem was alive. Later i removed the driver and went to device manager, properties and update driver. It searched on windows update and installed a new driver but guess what, problem still remains as it is. I dont know what is the issue. The same device works fine on my windows 7 with the drivers that came in the CD. Is there anyone having experience with this issue? Please help.

I have been through this problem with another brands Bluetooth Mouse in Windows 8. After lots of workouts finally I managed to fix my problem but I am not sure whether this will work for you as well as I don’t know whether the fix was related to motherboard model or windows 8. Anyways, here is what you need to do:

Open device Manager and expand the Bluetooth menu. Here you will find a huge list. Right click each of them and select properties. Go to Power Management Tab and see of the check box for option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is unchecked. See the image for example:

If it is checked windows will turn off the device after specific of time. Simply uncheck this option, and save. That’s it. It should work fine now.

Well I am not sure whether this will help you but I have fixed several problems by following these steps:
    • Right click My Computer icon on the desktop > Manage.
    • Click Device Manager from the left pane.
    • Select and right click your Mouse from the right pane and uninstall it.
    • Now restart the computer and wait for few minutes. During this windows will search and install the appropriate driver for the mice automatically.

See if it disconnects now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabastiaan View Post
    Open device Manager and expand the Bluetooth menu. Here you will find a huge list. Right click each of them and select properties. Go to Power Management Tab and see of the check box for option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is unchecked. See the image for example:
    Thank you very much for sharing such useful suggestion Sabastiaan. That really worked fine. Now my Mouse wont disconnects.

Help appreciated.