Thread: Windows 8.1 Preview error "Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC.”

Windows 8.1 Preview error "Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC.”

I am a Windows 8 user since its final release. Two days ago i heard about the new Windows 8.1 availability on Microsoft store. i tried to get this update on my existing system. Went to the store, clicked to update but in middle of the download process i received and error message saying:

"Before you update to Windows 8.1 uninstall these apps. If you pause the update, you can restart it later from the Store.

Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC."

I dont know why it wants me to remove application. Can anyone please tell me if there is any way to get the 8.1 update without uninstalling the apps?

Thank you.

Re: Windows 8.1 Preview error "Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC.”

Just like all other operating systems and software, even Windows 8.1 has its own system requirements which should be met to get the update. For your information this error has now become very common as there are several users around the globe reporting the same. However, according to Microsoft, the computers running on 32-bit Intel Atom chipset may receive this message because as of now it is not supported for the update.

For more and better assistance on the same you should have posted your system's configuration.

Re: Windows 8.1 Preview error "Windows 8.1 Preview is not yet supported on this PC.”

Hardware manufacturers have recently launched a new updated drivers for systems running on Intel’s 32-bit Atom System-On-Chip (SoC) processors. If your system is also running on the same then first try updating the drivers and then attempt to install 8.1. See if it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnoor View Post
    For more and better assistance on the same you should have posted your system's configuration.
    It is Dell Inspiron 15z with Windows 8 Single Language and Intel Core i7-3537U processor with 8GB of RAM and Nvidia GPU.

I checked the System requirements with the FAQ provided for 8.1 and mine seems enough to run it comfortably. Still getting the same error message. What’s wrong?

Well than it should be due to missing required drivers. First of all check if there is any new firmware available for your system, if yes, install the same immediately. Now check for updated drivers. Your system should be running on all latest drivers to get windows 8.1 installed.