Thread: "IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck" error after Windows 8 upgrade

"IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck" error after Windows 8 upgrade

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 8 when it crashed with an error. The error is associated with some IOLORGDF32. The error message was IOLORGDF32 program not found skip autocheck. I am trying to find solution for the same. I had tried to ran windows update also but nothing happened. The upgrade is failing continuously here without giving any proper reason for fixing this. What should I do.

Re: "IOLORGDF32 Program not found skip autocheck" error after Windows 8 upgrade

Looks like some kind of registry bug. You have to run system restore here. That might fix the issue. System restore will help you restore old settings back and then again try back to run the upgrade. Try to find a proper setup.

There is no clear information available on the error. Somehow it associated with damage windows registry. There are some basic troubleshooting tips which can help you to fix the problem. The first is running chkdsk. Checkdisk, is a tiny utility that scan hard drive for bad sectors. There are chances that upgrade files which you overwrite while setup are failing due to bad sectors. So the first thing you can do is simply run chkdks in cmd. And then check back the last report you are getting after scanning. At the end chkdsk generator a log report which will give you clear info on your drive issue. Now defragmentation is another great utility that can also help you to deal with the problem. But it is not the only final fix.If there are bad sectors then upgrade might not work. You can begin with clean installation. Through which you have option to change the drive partition. Also you can simply format your existing system installing everything back from scratch. That would be more appropriate I think.

Yes go with clear setup. That is more better. Because there you can simply replace the existing files making your system stable. Upgrades can cause issue later on when your system is ready. While clean setup is more reliable here.

This is a common bug and it can be also due to existing program in your system. Because here you are upgrading your OS. It is essential that you must simply go with clean setup as mentioned above .Running chkdsk can give you clear view about the drive health there. To get a bit detail information you can use advance disk testing utility. Seatools is one of them. It gives you ample of information about the drive sectors, health, etc. There are ample of disk tools available that offer you prediction before your drive really stop working. I too think the issue lies with the hard drive here. This errors are bit common due to bad sectors. While upgrade here gives you no choice to simply switch the drive partition. You have to do that manually when you are running the same from scratch.