Thread: error upgrading to windows 8 embedded tcp

error upgrading to windows 8 embedded tcp

I was using the old beta copy of Windows 8 that I found on the net and so I downloaded and burned it to an ISO. After that I tried to install it but when I was doing that then I got am error message that said "unable to register embedded dll" and then the setup will close. When I checked the log file then some information was given like "Error [0x060755] IBS Callback_Embedded_ComRegistration: Failed to register EmbeddedMmi.dll under C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources with return code 0x3 from regsvr32". I just want to upgrade to Windows 8 embedded tcp version, any ideas? Thanks.

Re: error upgrading to windows 8 embedded tcp

I have found that if you had build full IBW disk from the ICE, then the installation will gradually fail. The error that you are getting is also viewed in the preview releases of Windows 8 and when you will build a non-IBW disk from the ICE then only it will work just fine. Hope this helps you out.

Even I am facing this same problem when trying to install Windows 8 on my computer. I have searched and already tried to rebuild the ISO by using the exe and rar files that was downloaded from the trial evaluation link. After that if I am mounting this as a virtual drive using VirtualCloneDrive and when I run the setup.exe file then I am getting the same error that is mentioned in this thread? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Have you tried to register the DLL manually and checked if that works for you? Also check whether the downloaded ISO is proper and is not corrupt resulting into a broken installer of the operating system.