Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-06-2013

Lost Windows 8 CD but have product key

I bought a copy of Genuine Windows 8 with Product key about 3 months ago. Installed it on my desktop and activated with the product key supplied on the CD cover. In order to keep the Product key safe, i saved it on my email. Now, there is some problem in my system. My Windows keeps crashing every now and then. This might be due to some torrent applications i installed in last two weeks. Now though i have removed those applications, there is no help and OS keeps crashing.

So i finally decided to do a clean re-installed of operating system itself. Here is the problem. I am not able to find my Windows 8 installation disk. I kept it somewhere safe but wont remember anymore. However my product keys are still safe in my email.

Any suggestion what should i do now to re-install windows on my system? Any alternative please?
Old 15-06-2013

Re: Lost Windows 8 CD but have product key

Haven't you created any recovery image of the system ever? You should always have one Anyways, just try to download an Windows 8 ISO TRAIL version from the below provided download URLs and activate them with the product key you have. See if it works:
Old 17-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctAvio2011 View Post
Haven't you created any recovery image of the system ever? You should always have one Anyways, just try to download an Windows 8 ISO TRAIL version from the below provided download URLs and activate them with the product key you have. See if it works:
Nope, I dint created any recovery image. I agree, that is a huge mistake I did. Now, as you suggested I downloaded the 32bit windows 8 from above provided url, installed the same which went fine but when I try to activate the same, it ends up with an error message saying ?Invalid product key?.

Now what?
Old 18-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaDeUsZ View Post
I am not able to find my Windows 8 installation disk. I kept it somewhere safe but wont remember anymore. However my product keys are still safe in my email.
There is a Microsoft Page named ?Replacements, Refunds and Rebates Solution Center? from where you can order a Replacement disks for Windows 8. I am not sure whether they will charge you for this or not, but if they do, it will be very less. I think it is worth as you have no other choice.
Old 19-06-2013

If you have a Genuine Product key than you can buy the Windows 8 Upgrade from here. It will cost you just $119.99 that is much cheaper than buying entire Windows 8 again. Once installing the same you can activate with your existing product key.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,