Thread: dashost.exe making CPU to run at 90% in Windows 8

dashost.exe making CPU to run at 90% in Windows 8

I am running Windows 8 operating system that came preinsalled on my new laptop that I have bought. When I am working on my laptop, then after sometime the laptop runs very slowly. When I checked the task manager, then dashost.exe was taking almost 90% CPU usage along with Windows Media Player? Now, I dont know whether to end this process or not because I dont know if this process is of any use or not? Can anyone tell me what should I do? Thanks.

Re: dashost.exe making CPU to run at 90% in Windows 8

Dashost.exe is nothing but just a mail scanner. It is a process that checks the email in the inbox automatically and will let you know via notifications if you get any new emails. This process usually works on Windows 8 operating system and it will work only incase you have setup your Mail. You can easily end this process but you wont get any new notifications when you receive any emails.

Incase you are not using any services for emails and still getting High CPU usage due to dashost.exe then you can stop this service on Windows 8. Simply, press Windows keys+R and then type "services.msc" without quotes and then press enter. After that search for the dashost.exe service and then double click on it and then change its startup to Manual. Also, do the same for Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service by searching it in the Services and change its startup to Manual.

The same problem can also happen due to outdated driver running on your laptop. You should know that Windows 8 is a new OS, so there might be some hardware that do not support Windows 8 by giving out drivers that are compatible with it. So, you can get into Device Manager and check for any yellow exclamation mark for any device. If you find it, then try downloadind the latest graphics driver for it.