Thread: Windows 7 Home premium 64 Service Pack

Windows 7 Home premium 64 Service Pack

I use Auto Update in W7HP64. I don't pay a whole lot of attention to it other than checking for optional ones. I noticed that in 3 years I am still on SP1. Are there any new ones?

Re: Windows 7 Home premium 64 Service Pack

It looks to me that microsoft has not made any plans for a Service Pack 2 for Windows 7 as mentioned in many news articles. The people working for same also dont have much information about it. Incase it is really necessary, then there might be a next service pack in future. But no confirmation is made on same. Good to see that this operating system is bug free compared to other microsoft releases.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

I agree with the bug part. Having gone from all the MS DOS versions and all the through the different Windows and the horrors of Vista and "upgrades" that didn't work. W7 seems to be stable. I have seen W8 at Telmex and it is different. Has those folks going bonkers trying to demonstrate to prospective buyers.

I wonder why MS seems to be bent on abandoning W7???

Thanks for the info
    Bill

They are not abandoning Windows 7, actually what the thing is, Vista being their complete failure, made Microsoft realize to make a operating system that can stand in the leagues of Linux and Mac OS X. If they again made a operating system like Vista, which was totally buggy, then many people might have abandoned using MS OS.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

That is what has me confused. W7 has been a pretty bug free OS. Reminds me of the days of big iron and the IBM releases that were pretty much bug free. Of course they also issued PTF's all the time and you had the opportunity to undo any PTF before making it permanent. Worked well, expensive (very expensive). I guess we got what we paid for. What are the user opinions on W8 here? Is it worth switching?

Thanks for all the great info and feedback.
    Bill

Windows 8 is the new edition of the operating system and it adopts a new interface to use on touch screens, which is called Metro Modern UI, and with its own software, complementary to the traditional Windows desktop environment. Also for the first time, Windows will no longer be reserved exclusively for computers with x86 processor: a version called Windows RT is designed for tablets and other devices based on the ARM architecture found in most mobile devices.