Thread: Wi-Fi failure on Windows 8 Tablet PC

Wi-Fi failure on Windows 8 Tablet PC

I need some help to fix the wifi issue I am facing on Windows 8 tablet pc. I have one from Dell. Now the problem lies mostly with the connectivity. There is some issue here. I am having a router at my home. The wifi is detected and connected. And I had set the settings on connect automatically. But it fails to work. A number of time the wifi connection breaks in between allowing me to do nothing. When I open page it sometime gives server errors. And I get notifcation at the bottom about no network.

Re: Wi-Fi failure on Windows 8 Tablet PC

Is your tablet lies far from the router. It is necessary that you must keep it near and avoid obstacles. The more obstacles in between the more router will create problem. You will have to check properly. Carry the tablet near to the router and see whether it breaks or not. If it still break then the issue lies with the router itself. It is not giving you constant wifi connection. Just update the router firmware and check back. Use some other device to test the wifi network. I am sure that will fix the issue.

You are facing wifi connectivity breaking issue. It is better if you first test the same via some other device. Like on a mobile phone or on a laptop.Just check properly first. You can connect those devices to the existing wifi network and see. If it works fine then the issue lies with the tablet. You will have to update the wifi drivers. Right click on My Computer on that and click on Manage. Look for Device Manager and then simply check the wifi device. Right click on that and update the drivers.

Windows 8 Tablet edition is very near to the complete OS that we use on desktop. If you are having some security application in your pc like an antivirus or firewall then just disable it for sometime. You can turn off the firewall from Control Panel. You can just switch it off and then check back. If the connection is proper and it is not blocked your system will work fine. And you can find that by turning them off. You will need to add the network connection under exception list of Firewall.

I think this is a driver issue. Just do thing. Connect to the wifi and then launch cmd. In that type ping google.com -t. See what replies you are getting. If there is request time out message then the issue lies with the internet connection. There are packet drop in the network due to which you are getting the problem. Just contact your ISP for the same. To check the internet connection more properly connect a pc or laptop through lan cable and then run the same command once again. I think that is enough.