Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013

Any new Linux OS coming up

Is there any latest Linux OS coming up. The last one that I saw was Linux Mint. There is nothing out after that. I think still Ubuntu is working well with lots of new features and updates. I am using Mint. It is working fine but somehow there is a problem with desktop. It crashes when I open multiple application. It is a but I think. I got a error on screen saying disconnected from parallel. It looks the open source OS is getting much better day by day.
Old 10-04-2013

Re: Any new Linux OS coming up

Ubuntu is the most popular and best one I think. This OS has everything that you need. It offers you a nice desktop environment with great stability. It is a bit complicated if you switch to linux for the first time. But after that I saw Mint. It is more user friendly.

It features the regular desktop with Menu where you can locate your all shortcuts to applications. Till yet there is no final confirmation available on any new edition of Ubuntu or other open source OS.
Old 11-04-2013

I think there will be some thing. After Mint there is no clear news or information available which tells about any existing OS. Still Ubuntu is used widely. The latest edition is 12.10 something that works till now. While Mint gives you a stable environment on different desktop interface. Mint is good for starters. But compare to Ubuntu nothing is so stable. It is really good that OS like Ubuntu are still in the market available for free with rich features.
Old 11-04-2013

Mint is not so good I think. It has a bit issue with the performance output while compare to that Ubuntu is more better. It has cool app support. There are developers who looks to be working for the bugs and fixes. There is also a bit resources available for downloading different applications available. Compare to any other OS I found Ubuntu as one of the most stable and active OS. I think the future updates will be more better if Ubuntu is enhanced.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,