Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-03-2013

Does PC Performance Analyzer really helps in improving system output

I had seen recently a tons of ads on pc performance analyzer software. They promise to boost up the system performance to great extent. I really doubt on that. Does this tools really work. Recently I was using TuneUp Utilizes. I found nothing great in them. I am having a Windows 7 PC. It is a bit slow. I thought instead of formatting my system after every few months it is good to add a Tuneup software. That can do my job. But is there any better tool available. All of them looks like loaded with flashy stuff that really does not work.
Old 28-03-2013

Re: Does PC Performance Analyzer really helps in improving system output

I do not think so. The tools that you are talking about just gives you improvement in startup. They do your manual job of removing startup items, running disk cleanup, etc. But there are some tools that works directly on the memory. They clear memory so that other applications can perform better. You have to find that kind of software. There is no risk in using tune up software. But it is also essential that you must not allow the software to make any major changes in the system files. That can put your system to risk.
Old 29-03-2013

Why don't you try disk caching. I am having a Windows 7 laptop. At the time of purchase I added a few more bucks to get a 40GB SSD. The SSD takes care about my OS and software's. Due to which my system works really faster. You can do that in your desktop also. Today SSD are far more cheaper compare to what I had bought some years ago. With your regular hard drive just buy a SSD and hook that in your pc. Then install the OS and software on it. It will work better without the need of any tuneup software.
Old 29-03-2013

According to me the system works really well unless and until you install a antivirus in your system. The antivirus is the main cause of performance fall. You must wisely choose a good antivirus and then only move ahead with the installation. Now there are popular performance boosters like Advance System Optimizer, TuneUp Utitiles, etc. It can just help you to some extent only. Formatting cleans up unnecessary stuff from the system making the output better.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,